Almost half of the world's male population suffers from prostate disease for various reasons. These pathologies are dangerous due to irreversible complications in the work of various body systems and require immediate medical intervention.
Doctors believe that a third of patients have an infectious disease. To suppress bacterial or viral pathologies, an appropriate antibiotic treatment for prostatitis is prescribed. These drugs, their action and the characteristics of the therapy are described in detail below.
Attention: The article is for informational purposes only and is not an instruction for action.
What does self-medication lead to?
Correctly choosing the correct drug requires careful research and confirmation of the preliminary diagnosis. The goal of doctors:
- find the most effective means, protecting the body from harmful influences;
- identify the nature of the pathogen, its reaction to certain drugs;
- develop the correct treatment regimen;
- eliminate the potential threats that an antibiotic can cause for prostatitis.
By choosing drugs on your own, you risk not only wasting precious time, not getting the desired effect of treatment, but also damaging the entire body with drugs.
Benefits of taking antibiotics
Modern antibiotic agents allow:
- quickly stop inflammatory processes, destroy pathogenic bacteria and viruses;
- the body to produce substances that prevent the reproduction of viruses;
- use drugs externally, intramuscular, intravenous, oral;
- affect a large list of bacteria at the same time.
Why is there no time to waste
Ignoring the first signs and self-medication is fraught with complications. Increases the danger of the transition of inflammatory processes occurring in the prostate gland to a chronic form. In urological practice, physicians must search for an effective antibiotic for chronic prostatitis in 7% of all visits.
In these cases, more effective antibacterial agents are used, doses are increased, therapy regimens are increased, and a different effect occurs on the body.
What antibiotics to treat prostatitis
Relatively new substances that appeared in the first half of the last century, depending on the nature of action, chemical composition, are divided into five groups used in the acute and chronic course of the disease.
- PenicillinsThey block the production of substances from which the cell walls of bacteria are created, leading to their death. They have somewhat lost their relevance due to the appearance of bacteria resistant to their action. They are taken in pill form.
- Broad spectrum tetracyclines. If one remedy is ineffective, other types of groups will also be useless. They actively destroy harmful flora, but are difficult for patients to tolerate.
- Macrolides. Less toxic drugs of natural origin. Its effectiveness has not been fully proven. They are used for infectious prostatitis, they are easily tolerated.
- Cephalosporins with effective principle of action against bacteria. They can cause allergic reactions, irritate the mucous membranes, there are restrictions on the appointment. Applied intramuscularly.
- Fluoroquinolones. Broad spectrum antibiotics for the treatment of chronic prostatitis. They quickly enter the bloodstream, sometimes causing disturbances in the digestive tract, various body systems, and allergies.
Antibiotic treatment for prostatitis.
Based on the diagnostic data, the type of bacteria that causes disease in humans is determined. When determining the sensitivity of pathogenic organisms, the urologist chooses the best drugs, depending on the stage of the disease. He prescribes a set of procedures and works out a treatment regimen, often including:
- take funds to destroy pathogens, reduce stagnant processes, improve blood circulation;
- the use of anti-inflammatory drugs that reduce swelling of the glands;
- consumption of vitamins, trace elements, sedatives, immunomodulators and herbs;
- massage treatments;
- physical education.
From the diagram, patients will learn which antibiotics are prescribed for prostatitis in acute or chronic form, how treatment is carried out.
Provides therapy in a hospital or under the supervision of a home physician. Drugs of a wide spectrum of action are used, a combination of drugs is possible. The results of medical efforts are noticeable almost immediately. However, the course often involves therapy for a month.
Strict adherence to the doses, schemes and recommendations of the urologist helps to cure the disease of this stage well in men forever.
The disease at this stage is characterized by a slow course with periodic exacerbations. Predicting a complete cure is more difficult. Therefore, more effective agents than antibiotics are prescribed for inflammation of the prostate. Where:
- the nature and level of sensitivity of the pathogenic flora are taken into account;
- preference is given to groups of cephalosporins, macrolides;
- Therapy is carried out in several stages, courses of at least a month. On and off for at least a month;
- to avoid the appearance of tolerance in the body, various drugs are introduced into the courses, their combination;
- Pharmacotherapy is complemented by physical therapy.
Effective antibiotics for prostatitis.
The list of antibiotics used in treatment is very long. Some of the names show good therapeutic efficacy and are the most widely used. It is difficult to unequivocally name the most effective antibiotic for prostatitis. The choice of a remedy depends on the degree of development of the disease and its stage.
Urologist recommendations for taking medications.
During diagnosis and treatment, it is important to know which antibiotics to drink for prostatitis in each case and strictly follow the doctor's instructions for taking them.
To overcome this dangerous ailment, you must:
- accept exclusively prescribed funds. Replacing them is not allowed;
- Inform your doctor of any additional medications you take during treatment. This will avoid side effects;
- note the time, dosage regimen, dosage, number of times a day;
- pay attention when taking pills, before or after meals;
- don't skip the recommended tricks. Do not take more pills if you are wasting your time. This will not fix the problem, it will only make it worse;
- if the noticeable symptoms have disappeared, the prescribed course cannot be interrupted. To destroy pathogenic bacteria or viruses, the treatment program must be completed in its entirety.
During therapy, it is recommended to follow a diet, stop smoking, drink alcohol. As a complement to the course, you can include probiotics, having previously agreed on your list with your doctor.
Side effects and contraindications.
Given the high tolerance of a large number of drugs from the list of antibiotics, urologists also prescribe formulations that restore microflora in the stomach and intestines. During the therapy period, patients experience the following side reactions:
- disturbances in the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract;
- allergic rashes;
- nausea, general deterioration;
- signs of poisoning (fever, pain, diarrhea).
These drugs are contraindicated for children and people who have been diagnosed with various types of allergies, kidney and liver diseases.
Antibiotics are only prescribed for infectious prostatitis caused by pathogenic bacteria or viruses. To know exactly which antibiotics to take for prostatitis, you should definitely consult a urologist. Strict adherence to its recommendations will help to recover from the disease without relapses in the future.